Post by countrybunker on Dec 28, 2015 22:40:29 GMT -5
A few updates...
Finished the dog leg, and front of the wheel well up. Also finished up the rear of the inner wheel well up where I left off a while ago. Currently forming, and fabricating the rear of the outer wheel well.
The girlfriend surprised the hell out of me this x-mas. She got me a new husky 60 gallon air compressor, to replae my ancient sears compressor that took a shit a few months ago. This is ne big upgrade!! I've been working with only the grinder the last couple months. Nice to have air again! I'll be able to strip the underside properly with the needle scaler when the time comes.
Nice work! Looks like you're just about finished with all the metal patch work, that's gotta be a good feeling. What's next on the list of things to do?
It is a GREAT feeling!! lol Can't wait to put the welder away for a while! Not much left. Finish up the wheel lip, a few spots on the drivers side rocker, one of the legs on a leaf spring mount, and fill a couple pin holes. Once that's done, strip the underside, prep, and paint it. Then assembly. Have a bunch of parts to get still. Still need to find a place to rebuild my 9.25 rear.
Thanks my man! One step at a time lol. You know any decent shops in the area who rebuild rear ends? It's getting close to that point!
I don't know any shops in Jax, my man....I do know that Dvorak Machine here in my neck o' the woods is a heavy-duty Mopar racing man...he might know of a shop in your area, as Dan's been racing Mopars for a long, long time, and is well-respected in the hobby.
Post by countrybunker on Jan 24, 2016 22:17:31 GMT -5
Thanks you guys! I'll have to check em out Rob thanks!
I don't have all the tools or the know how for the rear end. It already has a 3.21 gear set. But I have a suregrip I got from Arthur years ago to go in along with the rebuild.
I can't believe I'm saying this. It took 2 years, and a little over 3 months, but the metal work along the bottom is finally done!! Thank god! The hard part is over. Now to make her pretty and piece her back together. Still a long ways to go. But feels good that part is behind me.
Post by countrybunker on Feb 21, 2016 0:09:50 GMT -5
My rustbullet order from summit came in, Time to get back to work! Got the exhaust, rear shocks, filler tube, heat shields, an what was left of he fuel lines off.
Spent all day under the car with the needle scaler, stripping the underside. Other then sandblasting, I couldn't imagine doing it any other way. What a mess!!
Found a couple small holes, an got em patched. After a little wire wheeling to clean up some spots, I sprayed the rust bullet metal prep on. This stuff started working as soon as I applied it. Can see it "etching" the bad spots in white in the pics. I'm letting this soak in over night. Tomorrow I'll clean the belly a little more, wire wheel the primer off the wheel wells, and start painting. I haven't removed the trans yet. That will be next weekend's job. The closer I got too the front, the better shape the metal, and undercoating were in. I might just knock the loose stuff off, and apply the new undercoating over whats there.