Post by Ghostbluesman (Ghostsoldier) on Mar 26, 2015 10:23:51 GMT -5
No biggie, bro...I know all about that "work" shit, lol.
Yeah, I'll hit you up this spring, and maybe we can do a car show or dinner sometime on a weekend, if you're free; with the long days and nicer weather on the way, it's time I got back to work on the ol' Blumo, and see if I can push it along a little closer to finishing it...after a 2 year break, it's about damned time!
Shitbox No. 41
"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"
Post by countrybunker on Apr 13, 2015 20:28:51 GMT -5
Started back on her.
Needed to move to another spot for something new, to stay motivated.
Got the dog leg, and some of the rocker cut out.
Starting from the inside out. Got the back end of the inner rocker cut out, along with the bad section of the floor. New metal welded in to the rocker. Its not real purty yet, but getting there. I filled the smaller hole in front of the patch with weld. After this, new floor goes in, then on to the outer rocker, and dog leg. One step closer to getting her back on her feet. Need to get back on her!
Looks good. Great to see some progress. It is incredible how invasive the rust is.
Thanks man! The rust is terrible!! This car better love me. I don't know anyone else who would be dumb enough to save this thing lol.
Did a little more tinkering after work today. I had to cut out more. The rust ate way too much of the top of the rocker away. I could peal the rocker away from the inner structure a quarter inch or so. Not good being a unibody!
When I disassembled the car, I broke the rear seat belt retractor bolt off in the nut. I couldnt extract the remainder of the bolt, so had to cut the nut off. Damn that was a nasty little bugger!! Broke out the sawzall, and it still took me half an hour to get it out!! Can see the hole for it right under the welding slot behind the rocker on the right, in the 2nd pic. Guess its one good thing with all this metal cut out.
Post by countrybunker on Jul 13, 2015 19:44:28 GMT -5
Back on the horse this week. Welded in, and finished the patch on the end of the rocker. Also finsihed the floor up. Had to weld new metal in along the lip of the floor. Currently finishing up the bottom corner of the inner wheel well. This is the worse corner of the car. Hoping I'll get the new dog leg in without any hicups.
Post by countrybunker on Nov 22, 2015 16:48:12 GMT -5
Slowly picking up speed again on the car. The collection of goodies from the brown, and white trucks have been getting bigger.
I finished up where I had left off in the wheel well. Not 100% yet but getting there.
I also pillaged more metal from old monas section, and got it welded up onto the car. I'm pretty happy with how its coming out!! Will hopefully finish it up over the next weekend. There is a little rot down low, where some metal is was/is needing replaced. But MUCH better compared to what I had!