If you were gonna think hard on something, IMO it would be the interior. I'd say change the color to tan personally. Will look a lot better in the end.
Eventually it will be tan but that's fairly low on the priority list at this point. I've got the 8 track and will butcher the tan dash from the '74 hardtop for it. I'll use the headliner and whatever plastic I can from it as well, the rest I'll dye and/or recover. I'm not aiming for a spot on recreation, but in the end it should be pretty close.
I waited 2 days, then snuck off for a couple hours and filled in the turn signal indicator and hood ornament holes. Threw a little tape and paper on and went to town... Horrible pictures, but I'm just glad I thought to pull out the cell and get anything.
It took me a bit, but I found a heavy wire hangar at my folks house and commandeered it for a higher purpose. I made a wrap around a 1/4" bolt and welded the two together for eternity, trying to keep the height close to stock so it'll still work. Screw it in and taa daa.........
The car is civilian and always has been. The sticker on it is New York police and was just put on as a joke when I was playing around with shields for my sons on Senior Sneak Day. We set up an old chevy for them to play with in the mud pits out back and this is what we went with. Liberty City, from the video game Grand Theft Auto.
Rain delay today, so I'll try and get caught up a bit more. I scrounged up a set of tires to mount on the 7" steel wheels off a '74 imperial I sold a few years back and stuck them on so the stance is slightly better.
I'll shell out for new tires when it's a little closer to done.....no sense letting them start to age while I'm poking along at this. My intention is to go with a 235/70 in the end but I might play around with sizes a bit on a set of cop wheels to get a feel for what looks right. I really like the 275/60's on these old C-bodys, like here on my 75 Gran, but they look a bit too meaty for a bluesmobile.
I got a start on the pushbar, I still need to get it on the hoist to finish the lower supports since I'm too lazy to do it laying on the ground. I'd guess half my misspent youth was done on a creeper or piece of cardboard and I have very little desire to do that anymore.
I also need to round up something for the rubber bumpers. I ended up trying some conveyer belting that I cut a couple strips from. Not good obviously, but it'll do for the moment. The bolts came from one of the later Crown Vic GoRhino pushbars. The rubber on them is even thinner than the belting and wraps around the uprights so it wouldn't work at all.
I lucked out with the turn signal lenses. If you look at the pushbar picture above you'll notice they're both missing. As it happens I ended up driving it to a fire call since it was the closest car I had. All went well but the next day I happened to notice something laying in the driveway and walked over to see what it was.......by some miracle the passenger lens had fallen out and NOT been run over. Best guess was more than a dozen vehicles had driven over it, including two semi-lowboy combinations. Once I realized what it was I went and checked on the other lens......it was still there but I literally pulled it out with my fingers. Unfortunately I probably just wasted a few years worth of luck on those two lenses.
Back to the pushbar, last pic and not a very good one at that.
God forbid I could finish at least on part of this before moving on..........ah well such is life. Time to jury rig some graphics. I cut these all on paint mask vinyl then painted them with spray cans. The P1 and star were done with the "new" caterpillar yellow. The star then got black directly over it.
And yes, I realize the phone number is wrong. I set out intending to replicate the car but decided since it was never shown in it's entirety that I had poetic license to do what I want. Our prefix ends in 55 so I just decided to use my actual phone #. Crazy, idiotic, Hubris or just plain ole' Narcissism you be the judge.